Below are links you may be interested in:
For the love of Geography and our natural world:
- North Devon UNESCO Biosphere
- The Met Office – learn about the weather
For spiritual connection with our natural world
- Sadhguru: “This life for me is an endeavour to help people experience and express their divinity. May you know the bliss of the Divine.”
- Koi Fresco/Vishuddha Das: For insight into meditation through Hindu philosophy I really recommend you have a look at his YouTube
- Richard Alois – ““Lots of people talk to animals… Not very many listen, though… That’s the problem.”
Other interesting links I recommend
- Research paper: Country-level factors in a failing relationship with nature: Nature connectedness as a key metric for a sustainable future: Miles Richardson, Iain Hamlin, Lewis R. Elliott & Mathew P. White: 2022 This is a vital read for anyone seriously interested in why connecting with nature (the sea for example) is so critically important to both our well-being and the well-being of the planet – it underpins my motivation for creating this blog/website and my work to try and connect people to the natural world around us in a meaningful way.
- Robert Ryland: “One of the most celebrated artists and conservationists of our time, Wyland has captivated the world with his spectacular paintings, sculptures, photography and landmark Whaling Wall murals”.
- Richard Louv: Author of Last Child in the Woods and other books – he works on projects to get children to connect with nature (Green Spaces) and coined the phrase ‘Nature deficit’.
- BlueHealth – research website into the relationship between environment, mental health and physical well-being.
- Belinda Statler – I can’t find out much about this poet, but she has written some lovely poems and I particularly recommend this one called, The Forest’s Blessed Abode. It is a very moving poem and a lovely way to increase your sense of connection to the natural world. (Also love the person who used the name of this poem for their cafe in Bangkok – read in the comments!)